Woodworker and Forklift Driver Positions
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately fill several Woodworker/ Forklift Driver positions for a Distribution company Memphis, TN. This is a Temporary to Full-time hire position. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic who would like long-term employment. All applicants must have an updated resume with references.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Design and produce wood products
• Build crates using hand tools
• Use automated machinery, such as computerized numerical control (CNC) machines
• Perform work in a high production assembly line facility
• Set up, operate, and tend drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, and wood-nailing machines
• Cut, shape, and smooth wooden parts
• Verify dimensions using caliper or rule
• Add fasteners and adhesives and connect the pieces to form a complete unit
• Sand products using a sander or sandpaper
• Stain or coat products with lacquer or varnish
• Operate specialized pieces of woodworking machinery
• Complete all stages of woodworking process
• Ensure wood isn't warped, cracked, or swollen
$11.00/hr or Based on Experience
• Term-Life &
• Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
• High School diploma or GED
• 2 years of Forklift experience required
• 2 years of Woodworking experience required
• Carpenter Helper
• Machine Setup
• Material Handler
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.