Welder Helper Position
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately fill multiple Welder Helper positions in Holly Springs, MS. Qualified applicants must have strong mathematical skills and be able to read blueprints/drawings. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct job. Apply now!
*Prior Welding Helper experience or General Welding experience is a plus.
Welder Helper will be responsible for the following:
• Performing any combination of the following duties to assist workers in welding, brazing, and thermal and arc cutting activities: Moving work pieces, tools, and supplies, manually or by hand truck
• Lifting, moving and holding, or clamping work pieces to table, into jigs, or into position as directed, manually or by using hoist, pry bars, wrenches, hammer, and wedges
• Cleaning work pieces to remove impurities, such as slag, rust, and grease, using wire brush, portable grinder, hand scraper, or chemical solutions
• Connecting hoses from hand torch to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders or connecting cables from power source to electrode holder and work piece or fixture
• Removing tags or marks and moving finished work
• Attaching grappling equipment to objects preparatory for movement by crane
$12.00+/hr depending on experience with progressive attendance and performance reviews
• Term-Life &
• Short Term Disability
The following is required of all applicants:
• Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be willing to submit to a Drug Screen and Background Check
• Must have at least 1 year Manufacturing experience
• Must be willing to work 8 or 10-hour shifts and be available Monday-Saturday
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.