Metro Services is seeking to immediately fill a position as Warehouse Foreman for a company in the Chattanooga Metropolitan Area. The job is primarily located in Bakewell, TN. If you are interested, apply today!
This warehouse clerk position receives stores and distributes material, product, and equipment within the TN facility, which ensures accuracy and timeliness of all of the job functions.
Successful candidates must exhibit the following skills:
- Assist shipping and receiving departments when unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders, and distributing to production areas for processing
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed, and/or shipped throughout the plant for processing
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, and color or product code
- Assemble orders from stock and facilitate to production areas that will be responsible for secondary handling before shipping to the end-user
- Mark materials with identifying information using the appropriate method that ensures accurate inventory levels are maintained
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via the appropriate computer program
- Assist in counting of physical inventory
- Weigh and count items for distribution within the plant to ensure conformance to company standards
- May be assigned to multiple buildings for additional duties as needed
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment that is beneficial to all employees within this building as well as the material that’s allocated to the production floor is clean and intact
- Adhere to all safety protocols and safety standards regarding proper safety and personal protective equipment
- Communicates facility issues to management for resolution
- Other duties as assigned
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of prior warehouse clerk experience
- Microsoft Office skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of both forklifts, stand up lifts, and fork trucks
All candidates must have an intermediate level of the following skillset:
- Data Entry
- Forklift Experience
- MS Office
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
2171 Market St
Dayton, TN 37321
Call: (423) 775-2303