Metro Services is immediately hiring several Warehouse Associates for a wholesale distribution company in Norcross, GA. Successful candidates must have experience with the use of a forklift.
The Warehouse Associate will increase operational efficiency, company profitability, and customer satisfaction by accurately and safely receiving and storing materials. Duties also include picking, packing, and scanning orders for pickup and delivery.
- Accurately pulls, fills, packs, and sets up orders for delivery or pickup
- Organizes shipment priorities, such as UPS, commercial carrier, daily, job site and will call and stages the orders in uniform fashion for ease of loading and verification
- Assists in loading the delivery truck
- Receives shipments, logs into inventory maintains inventory through audits
- Locates manufacturer’s packing list, verifies receipt of each item listed, signs and attaches packing list to each bill of lading
- Signs and dates freight bill noting all adjustments and/or damage to product and reports any quality or inventory discrepancy issues to the appropriate person
- Communicates positively with supervisors, sales staff, fellow workers and customers to coordinate deliveries/pick-up
- Moves all inventory into allocated spaces within the warehouse
- Operates a forklift safely and efficiently, maintains required certification, performs vehicle safety checks, and reports discrepancies to the supervisor
- Assists in keeping the facility clean, neat, safe, and operating efficiently
- Processes returns accurately
- Attends product knowledge meetings as required by management
- Assists in keeping the facility secure. Ensures all equipment is stored at end of the day and all doors and gates are secured
- Maintains proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience in distribution or warehousing preferred
- Ability to maneuver heavy objects, some weighing up to 100 pounds
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Follow and carry out instructions with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Prior forklift experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!