Traveling Robot Spot Weld Programmer
Metro Services is currently hiring for Robotic Spot Weld Programmers and Assemblers for a Manufacturing company in the Automotive industry in Shelby Township, MI. This job is a Temp/Contract to Direct hire position and includes great travel opportunities. Does this sound like you? Apply Now!
Duties of a Robotic Spot Weld Programmer and Assembler:
- Write, edit, and troubleshoot programs for robotic welding machinery
- Ensure welds meet or exceed set standards by interpreting blueprints, work instructions, and visual aids using measuring tools as required
- Introduce programming improvements in robotic systems that are consistent with customer changes or manufacturing needs
- Must understand and be willing to assemble
- Adjust parts in and out of fixtures to ensure proper fitment
- Creates programs for new parts or existing parts
- Provides input in tooling and fixture for robots to facilitate higher throughput of product
- Can work with a minimal amount of supervision
- Regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Frequently is required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Days will vary, but the shifts will be as follows
- 5:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m.
Starting pay is between $27.00/hr and $38.00/hr based on experience
Travel funds included
- Travel position with a 90-day commitment required
- Full-time with mandatory overtime
- Potential of a permanent position at the end of the 90-day commitment
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Knowledge of welding fundamentals
- Understand how to load prototype parts in fixtures for proper welding
- Attention to detail and appearance of workmanship critical
- Mechanically inclined – possess the ability to identify basic repair issues with welding fixtures and perform minor maintenance (ex: identify and replace broken clamp)
- Must possess good communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team-driven environment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Proficient with use of MS Office programs
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of Fanuc spot welder programming experience
- Willing to travel for 90+ days with the possibility of a permanent position
- Willing to work overtime as required
WHY WORK WITH METRO SERVICES
Metro Services specializes in Automotive, Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Retail. We offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment with our client companies. We also have full-time positions directly available with our clients.
The fact that many of our temporary assignments lead to full-time positions is a testimony to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
We understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and puts emphasis on the opportunities they have. Metro Services matches candidates to qualified jobs that best align with their past work experience. We also contribute to our employees' success by offering career counseling services such as coaching and resume building.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!