Traveling Assembly Operator - Hiring Immediately
Metro Services is seeking to immediately fill an Assembly Operator position for a facility located in Jamestown, KY. Successful candidates must be willing to relocate to the Jamestown, KY area. This is a full-time job that is ideal for someone who possesses the following characteristics:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
The Individual Technical Responsibilities for Assembly Operator include the following:
- Assemble manufactured products and pack according to specifications
- Follow Safety Rules and Procedures: Company Safety Policy, PPE Policy, Hazardous Material Policy, Blood Born Pathogen Policy, etc.
- Maintain and follow 6S Principles (Sort, Set-in-Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain)
- Be responsible for all tasks resulting from the Dr. Schneider statutes, in particular Management System, IATF 16949, Environmental Management System ISO 14001, and Operating Instructions
The Individual Technical Tasks include the following:
- Set up and Operate assembly lines each day according to the established procedures and complete proper shift change over
- Assemble assigned product parts on assembly line in accordance with Production guidelines
- Perform Spot
- Checks, Red Rabists, Maintenance Check List, and other tasks per established procedure to ensure adherence to approved quality standards
- Package and transport produced parts as needed
- Apply appropriate labels to packaging based on contents
- Meet the daily Production requirements
- Document Production activities each day as assigned
- Detect and report machine malfunctions promptly to management
- Follow instructions given by Production foreperson
- Ensure that workstation is kept in clean and safe condition
- Follow safety guidelines and regulations
- Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 1 year (Preferred) of Manufacturing experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (Preferred)
- Prior work-related experience helpful
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Must have manual dexterity in order to assemble products or machines as directed
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination
- Must have visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts produced
- Must exhibit ability to follow instructions and learn the Production process
- Must have constant hand and finger dexterity and must be able to frequently grasp and manipulate
- Must maintain constant eye and hand coordination and be able to do the following: frequent bending, squatting, kneeling, crawling, and stooping; reaching above and below waist and twisting and rotating of trunk, neck, arms and legs; working with arms bent and extended, frequent standing and walking, lying on back, occasional sitting, and constant pushing, pulling and stretching
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time
- Must exhibit ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Must be detail-oriented and consistent
- Must work well as a productive member of a team
- Must be available any shift
- Background check
- Drug screens
For more information call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.