Travel Maintenance Tech
Metro Services is seeking to immediately hire Travel Maintenance Techs for an Auto Parts Manufacturer in Cottondale, AL. The Process Engineer position is a temp/contract to direct hire position. Apply Now!
Duties for this position include:
- Diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic equipment and systems
- Work closely with machine operators, process technicians, and maintenance technicians to ensure work is conducted in a safe manner
- Work closely with management to identify and correct potential electrical and mechanical safety hazards
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service; plan and lay out repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams
- Maintain a record of work performed in accordance with Smart Sheet and E-maintenance tracking system
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures as scheduled as directed by Supervisor
- Conduct frequent walkthroughs of the Plant Work Centers to detect faulty operations and defective equipment and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Communicate with Supervisor and TL on part numbers needed with a good description to obtain the correct parts from the MRO storeroom
- Assist in the construction basic mechanical assembly of cages-guarding-valves-hoses-cables basic metal fabrication knowledge
- Tool Changes in Forming Machines and Laminators using forklifts following procedures
- Assist in the installation of all new equipment, components, and systems according to plans and specifications and removing Old Equipment including basic Mill Wright knowledge
- 5-S Maintenance is required to keep machines and work areas free of Rags-Oil-Water-Tools-Spare Parts in all areas clean
- Team Player that can adapt to coworkers, procedures, shift handoffs, and communication
Daily Per Diem
- Must pass a Drug Screen and Background Check
- Associates Degree in a technical; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 5-years of related experience in Maintenance, preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Experience with urethane and robotics is preferred
- Travel to other facilities or training locations as well as on-site training as needed
- Use of eye protection and hearing protection and any PPE specific to the task being performed
- Must be able to stand on feet 8-12 hours a day and lift up to 75lbs on an occasional basis and 40 lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to perform overhead work and work below the waist
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY?
As soon as you have applied, give us a call at 855.715.5627 to let us know that your application has been submitted. Calling us makes you a priority! Also, check your email. We will send you electronic paperwork to fill out and sign. Of course, doing your paperwork from a computer is best, but it can also be done on a mobile device.
WHAT SETS US APART
At Metro Services, we understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and emphasizes their opportunities. Metro Services does this by matching qualified candidates to jobs that best align with their interests, abilities, and previous work experience. While we have full-time positions available with our client companies, we also offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment. The fact that we place over 10,000 employees annually and many of our temporary jobs lead to a full-time position is a testimony, in itself, to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!
2081 Hillsboro Boulevard
Manchester, TN 37355
Call: (931) 723-7810