Technology Support Technician
Metro Services is looking to immediately hire a Technology Support Technician for a company in La Vergne, TN. The successful candidate will perform services in an office setting. This is a Temp-to-Hire position. Great Hire on Benefits. Apply now!
Starting at $18.00/hour
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance on warranty and non-warranty products through troubleshooting and machine evaluation and/or tool-related situations
- Assist and respond timely to technical inquiries, complaints, or questions stakeholders (ie. , distributors, sales representatives, ASC personnel, ) regarding the application and specifications of product lines
- Coordinate field service and assign authorization numbers to field service personnel
- Enter work orders, monitor the repair progress, and ensure all relevant files/status are up to date in the business systems
- Keep current with product lines and cognizant of any changes to the product line
- Maintain knowledge of internal operations of all new products and all product material
- Report to manager and relative department significant or recurring problems with equipment and/or component parts
- Correspond professionally via phone, fax, email, or letter with stakeholders (End-Users, Distributors, Sales Reps, ASC personnel, and the group) by either fax or letter as required
- Notify appropriate departments of any change in status of repair stations
- Promote the core principles, and promote cooperation within the team and between teams
- Represent a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team
- Additional responsibilities and projects as may be assigned relevant to the position
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High Diploma or GED equivalent
- Relevant experience (3-5 years) may be substituted for education
Work Experience and Competencies
- Ability to provide a high level of service to all inquiries, internal and external, in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem-solving
- Adept at quickly assessing difficult situations and/or uncooperative customers and adjust accordingly to effectively resolve the matter – remaining calm and focused on resolution(s)
- Ability to effectively communicate detailed information verbally by phone and in-person, and through written channels (ie. email, instant messenger, fax, letter)
- Recognize and recommend processes that can be improved for efficiency
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business policies, procedures, equipment manuals, training materials
- Effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several projects simultaneously
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and various technology
- Basic understanding of machinery, hand and power tools, etc.
- Knowledge of safety standards and the use of personal protective equipment, and demonstrated commitment to safety
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Work unsupervised
- Self-driven to complete and successfully perform all assigned tasks
- Some college, technical or vocational training on electrical controls and mechanical operating machine and accessories, preferred
- Working knowledge of metalworking and woodworking machinery
- Working knowledge of various testing equipment and measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, power/manual tools, as well as a variety of material handling equipment
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
2081 Hillsboro Boulevard
Manchester, TN 37355
Call: (931) 723-7810