Metro Services is seeking to immediately fill a position for a Shipping/ Receiving Supervisor for a leading Fiberglass Company in Columbia, TN. Successful candidates must have experience in similar positions. Apply now!
Duties for this position include:
- Maintain Inventory Levels (8 inventory Turns annually)
- Reduce Inventory Adjustments (<$20,000 annually)
- Update Database/BOM’s data entry
- Warehouse organization
- Forecast material needs for customers
- Order required materials for customers by submitting Purchase Orders
- Maintain Pending Orders Spread Sheet to schedule deliveries
- Minimize Freight Costs from Raw Material Supply Base
- Maintain Supplier Quality Log
- Issue debits and Corrective Actions to Supply base for Non-Conforming Material
- Coordinate invoice payment with Corporate Accounting
- Complete Receivers for all Purchase Orders received in-house accurately
- Maintain the Receiving Report Spreadsheet for all Purchase Orders received
- Supervise and coordinate Receiving Personnel
- Schedule Deliveries to maximize the efficiency of plant operations and Receiving Personnel
- Manage Lift Truck Safety training for the facility
- Conduct and certify all Lift Truck Operators for the facility
- Maintain order and organization in the facility
- Utilize Kanban systems for delivery, ordering, and warehouse organization
- Maintain 5S system in the warehouse and receiving areas of the facility
$40,000+/year depending on experience
Plus OT Pay
Monday - Thursday
6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday
6:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Hours will vary
Must work all Mandatory Overtime
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience with Sourcing, Production, Inventory Management Systems, Safety, Forklift, and Warehouse Management
- Able to Pass Drug Screen
- Able to Pass Background Check
- Associate Degree Required
- CPIM Certification Preferred
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY?
As soon as you have applied, give us a call at 855.715.5627 to let us know that your application has been submitted. Calling us makes you a priority! Also, check your email. We will send you electronic paperwork to fill out and sign. Of course, doing your paperwork from a computer is best, but it can also be done on a mobile device.
WHAT SETS US APART
At Metro Services, we understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and emphasizes their opportunities. Metro Services does this by matching qualified candidates to jobs that best align with their interests, abilities, and previous work experience. While we have full-time positions available with our client companies, we also offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment. The fact that we place over 10,000 employees annually and many of our temporary jobs lead to a full-time position is a testimony, in itself, to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
1025 Nashville Hwy
Columbia, TN 38401
Call: (931) 548-2597