This position will be responsible for processing shipping orders, printing pick tickets and scheduling pickups daily as well as the other primary duties described below. The person filling this position must be adaptable to ever changing business environments and departmental need changes as well as inter departmental, general business and customer communication and confidentiality. This position is a non-exempt hourly position and will report directly to the Shipping Supervisor.
The goals for this position are:
- Maintain a 98% error rate by processing the orders accurately
- Processing all orders by the ship date
- Printing pick tickets/orders every 2 hours starting at 8 am.
- Print and complete cycle count everyday by 8 am.
The Primary Duties and Responsibilities for this position are:
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ensure processing of orders for daily shipments
- Data entry
- Route orders in accordance with customer compliance
- Schedule pickups for in the afternoon between 3pm and 5pm
- Print EDI labels for EDI customers.
- Review submitted pick tickets/orders for accuracy
- Getting quotes for the orders
- Invoice orders
- Prepare cycle counts daily
- Assist in the warehouse as needed
- All other duties assigned
Other (Non-Essential) Functions:
- Contribute to a team effort by proactively assisting internal contacts
- Attend training programs to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- All other duties assigned
Requirements for this position are:
· High School Diploma or GED; AND
· Minimum of 6 months to one year experience processing orders
· Attention to detail to ensure accurate order processing
· Ability to take initiative
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to perform basic Mathematical skills: add, subtract, multiply and divide
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Able to lift up to 70 pounds
· Must comply with all safety regulations.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Continuous contact with other people requiring communications via face-to-face, orally by telephone and various written methodologies
- Sitting: Working at an office desk for sustained periods of time
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Lifting: Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Manufacturing environment, which requires the use of hearing protection.
- Visual Acuity: Able to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading, viewing measurement equipment. This is within a manufacturing environment and requires the use of safety glasses to prevent harm to eyes. At risk of injury from metal from fabrication process
Does this sound like you?
Does this sound like you? If you feel you are a good match for this position, our culture and have the required experience and educational background, please submit your resume today. We would love to have a conversation with you!
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisor or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws).