Are you looking for work in the Dayton, TN area? Metro Services is looking for a responsible Shipping Clerk to record, inspect, and assist the crating team to ship all completed orders from our plant to our customers and/or vendors. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct position.
Successful candidates will be responsible for checking the contents to ensure they match the orders, document the shipments with photos of items, packing slips, bill of ladings forms, and crates being shipped.
Responsibilities for the Shipping Clerk include the following:
- Ensure all shipments receive the proper labeling
- Keep management and supervisors aware of any issues that arise
- Enter data on MS Office suite
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Keen eye for detail, ability to collaborate
- Prepare shipping documents
- Schedule order pickups online or by email
- Communicate with freight carriers regarding quotes
- Maintain accurate records (electronically and manually)
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities. Working as a team player is vital to this position
- Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize daily tasks according to their importance
- Personal accountability and integrity are paramount
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Forklift experience is a plus
- Fill in for production team where/when needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Monday to Friday
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Overtime will be available
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must wear steel toe shoes
- Must pass a Drug screen
- Must have clean background (7 years)
- Must be able to work Overtime
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
2171 Market St
Dayton, TN 37321
Call: (423) 775-2303