Shipping and Receiving worker
Metro Services is immediately hiring a Shipping and Receiving worker for an Automotive company in Manchester, MI. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct position with a full-time schedule.
Duties for the Shipping and Receiving worker are the following:
- Receive all incoming material
- Check paperwork to ensure incoming material matches paperwork
- Stamp all packing slips, sign, and date
- Log all items received in the Receiving Log
- Enter packing slips into CMS
- Edit receiving reports and post
- Ensure all incoming supplies are taken to the correct Department
- Remove all tags from empty bins, boxes, and racks
- Organize shipping area by bins, boxes, and racks
- List material for outgoing shipments
- Ensure that product is shipped according to the packaging matrix
- Ensure labels are placed on all bins/stands
- Scan bar code on shipping label according to the packing list
- Load all outgoing shipments
- Perform daily Forklift inspections and record
- Place FIFO stickers on all incoming raw material
- Housekeeping: Floors in shipping to be swept and washed by the end of each shift - Garbage cans to be dumped at the end of each shift - Work station to be clean and organized
- All other duties as requested by Team Leader
Successful candidates must abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
All shifts available
$14.50/hour with $.35 shift premium (Shipping 2nd shift)
$14.50 per hour with $.50 shift premium (Receiving 3rd shift)
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Plant floor – PPE required
- Involves operating or working near moving mechanical equipment
- Shift work
- Adequate vision acuity
- Frequent long hours and overtime as required
- Ability to stand up to 12 hours during a work shift
- Ability to sit for long durations and drive lift truck safely
- Valid lift truck certificate
- One year experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in Automotive
- Knowledge of Quality standards – IATF 16949
- Job-related technical training or equivalent
- Boiler operator is required to be licensed by Michigan State and local government
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
201 E. Main St
Manchester, MI 48158
Call: (734) 371-0111