R&D Lab Manager in Automotive Facility
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately hire a Research and Development Lab Manager for a company in Hamptonville, NC. This is a Direct Hire. Apply now!
The R&D Lab Manager will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manages all material-based testing conducted by the Testing & Simulation Group
- Reviews technical data and develops appropriate statistical techniques as necessary
- Ensures current laboratory accreditation is maintained
- Works with appropriate personnel (e.g. Management, person(s) requesting testing, etc.) on prioritizing all internal and external tests
- Reviews material technical data generated by internal or external facilities
- Develops appropriate statistical techniques to evaluate data
- Implements statistical techniques into Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for appropriate test equipment/methods
- Assigns resources (personnel and equipment) to meet all test requests for the Material Testing group
- Recommends or develops new test methods (i.e. searches for existing Test Methods or creates a new Test Method)
- Coordinates implementation of new Test Methods
- Works with Product Development group to develop Failure Mode Testing for new and/or existing products
- Creates technical reports, as needed. When necessary, works with Product Development group to draw conclusions based on test method, material properties, etc.
- Recommends purchase of new laboratory equipment
- Develops new equipment justifications for annual capital plan (budget)
- Reviews and is knowledgeable of all applicable sections of ISO 17025, “General Requirements for the Competence of Testing & Calibration Laboratories”, and any laboratory-specific quality and technical procedures, including all applicable test methods (e.g. from ASTM, SAE, Ford, and GM)
- Handles all aspects of current laboratory accreditation. Ensures that accreditation by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is maintained and all requirements are met
- Coordinates yearly reviews/audits by A2LA
- Reviews testing-related electronic tools (e.g. Test Tracker Database) and determines any necessary updates or modifications
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field (Degree must be from an accredited institution)
- At least 3-5 years previous testing experience required (automotive testing preferred)
- Strong background in the following disciplines preferred: Statistics, Failure-Mode Testing
- Familiarity with standard organizations such as ASTM, SAE, ISO, JIS, and DIN and OEM-specific methods for customers such as Ford, General Motors, DaimlerChrysler, Honda, and Nissan
- Familiarity with lab accreditation organizations such as A2LA or NVLAP
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Creative Program Solving
- Interpersonal Relationships
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.