Metro Services is immediately hiring a Quality Technician - Quality Inspector for an Automotive Facility in Manchester, MI. This is a full-time position.
The Quality Tech 1 is a concentration of one of the following quality functions:
- Is a verification and validation function to assure brake and fuel end form geometry meets customer expectations. The inspector is responsible to ensure the product is checked and monitored throughout the shift according to the inspection plan. This position requires the inspector to hold high regard for the product integrity and report nonconforming characteristic dimensions to the Production and Quality teams to assure containment actions are taken when necessary and process adjustments are made
- Has primary responsibility for completing customer and internal in-process testing and reporting results
- Has responsibilities for inspection and gauging for internal and external care point requirements and could have direct SPC responsibilities
Duties include the following:
- Use of handheld gages to inspect the features of the end form geometry
- Measuring tubing dimensions and features through the use of the comparator and microscope software
- Reporting results of inspections for the first piece, in-process, and last off to production and quality
- Working with Production and Quality teams to assure the product meets dimensional requirements
- Understanding of the specification requirements in order to make decisions relative to the functionality of the parts
- Documenting results on the computer and/or paperwork as directed
- Operating and performing tests for cleanliness, pull, burst, and leak testing
- Training on inspection and gauging requirements and SPC data recording
- Working with Quality and Production teams on Nonconformance Process and problem-solving
$15.00/hour with $.35 shift differential (2nd shift)
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- 100% work indoor on plant floor (PPE required)
- Part Quality, (OK to run)
- Priority with Production interest
- Training and efficiencies
- Back-up Duties: Perform other duties as required
On a functional basis this role has the following reporting relationships: Report indirectly to Quality Engineers
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
201 E. Main St
Manchester, MI 48158
Call: (734) 371-0111