Metro Services is immediately hiring a Purchasing Agent (Buyer) for an Automotive Company in Manchester, TN - The successful candidate must have experience in purchasing raw materials. Apply now!
- Enter updated purchase orders and blanket purchase orders in the system to ensure the most current information is available and obtain required approvals on all blanket orders.
- Satisfy spot-buy requirements as needed.
- Maintain a system for all purchasing documents required to monitor both inventory and expense PO’s due or on order.
- Review part/raw material setups on an ongoing basis to proactively maintain required inventory levels.
- Ensure that purchasing files and computer system files are kept up to date by maintaining current supplier info, part info, info sheets, etc.
- Monitor orders and requirements to ensure on-time delivery of raw materials, purchased parts, and outsourced materials to coincide with production requirements and notify/update required parties.
- Provide suppliers with updated sales forecast info.
- Market test all suppliers/parts to ensure accurate market conditions relating to pricing and quality.
- Update approved supplier list to ensure up-to-date and accurate information and maintain a database on all suppliers (i.e. address, phone number, contacts, and contract information).
- Handle and coordinate resolution of all plant purchasing issues and assist on direct material and supplier issues.
- Source all new raw materials, purchased components, and outsourced activities for all new programs, and support Engineering on vendor negotiations (i.e. pricing, terms, etc.) with new equipment, tooling, and fixtures.
- Work with engineering and APQP team on new programs to ensure quality and timing are met.
- Identify and implement cost reductions, cost avoidance, and obtaining improved sources of supply in the CI program.
- Work with Engineering on Eng. Changes and APQP Teams on new programs to ensure quality and timing are met.
- Assist department when Purchasing Manager is on vacation through enforcement of current procedures.
- Review purchased part shortages on an ongoing basis to proactively maintain required inventory levels.
- Keep release files up-to-date and send daily/weekly revised releases to suppliers as required.
- Analyze inventory levels to optimize inventory turns.
- Coordinate all outsourcing activities.
- Review RPS weekly when MRP is run.
- Work directly with suppliers to ensure releases are understood and confirmed to a level of mutual satisfaction.
- Work with Corporate Global Supply Chain and Logistics organization personnel as appropriate.
- Share inventory control accountability with the entire Materials Department.
- Any other reasonable request made by Management.
- Ensures he/she is in full compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws while representing KVRW or during the use of and KVRW provided equipment.
- Communication, Customer Orientation, Passion for Excellence, Willingness to Learn
- Teamwork, Initiative and Drive, Persuasiveness, Planning, and Organization
- Understanding and use of relevant KAPS methods and tools in all processes, and adherence to applicable KAPS standards.
- Understanding and use of the applicable Shopfloor and Office Management pillars and standards, and active participation in all applicable Shopfloor and Office Management meetings and activities.
- Understanding and use of the company Behaviors in the daily relationship with other colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
- Understanding, support and participation in all tasks, trainings and development topics that will drive the company towards Lean Excellence.
All employees are responsible for:
- Complying with the company and legal requirements, following safe work practices, and contributing to a positive health and safety culture.
- Identifying, communicating, and correcting hazards within their ability and authority to protect themselves, co-workers, or other persons at the facility.
- Taking positive steps to achieve a state of health consistent with the demands of his/her occupation.
- Employees within the areas of Engineering, Quality, Sales, and Production
- Suppliers of raw material, components, and outsourcing
- Members of Senior Management and corporate purchasing
- Equipment, tooling, and fixture vendors and suppliers
- Transportation Companies
$75k - $85k (experience dependent)
Monday to Friday
6 a.m. - 3 p.m.
MUST be able to on work weekends if needed
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of automotive experience with 3 years of experience in purchasing raw materials
- College graduate with job-related courses or equivalent work-related experience
- MUST be able to work on weekends if needed
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to collect, analyze and synthesize information and determine the best course of action
- Effective use of negotiation skills when dealing with suppliers
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of blueprint reading
- Computer skills, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MRP systems
- Sound knowledge of the automotive industry
- Very good understanding of raw material and its components
- Sourcing out high quality and cost-effective suppliers
- Deciding course of action involving both Production and supplier when faced with a shortage supply of raw material
- Determining the applicability of a standard component on new programs
- Reviewing costs associated with materials and manufacturing
- Managing the order request and delivery of all raw materials to ensure accuracy and quality of material received
- Accountable for meeting budget costs for each program
- On-time delivery performance of Suppliers
- Inventory levels of raw materials, purchased parts, and outsourced components
- Employee participation in the ideas program
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!
2081 Hillsboro Boulevard
Manchester, TN 37355
Call: (931) 723-7810