Project Manager in Automotive Facility
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately fill the position of Project Manager for a company in Hamptonville, NC. Manager will be the Project Expert and will know all details of the project, including but not limited to contact information, costs, revenues, timing, packaging, etc. This is a Direct Hire. Don't wait to apply!
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop/Design tooling – Work with tooling supplier to ensure that the purchased tooling and equipment meet the required tolerances, can produce at the rate required/quoted, cause an acceptable amount of scrap, and fit within the existing equipment (bed size, shut height, open height, bolt pattern, tonnage, etc.); Use runoff tooling and dedicated equipment to ensure all requirements are met
- Manage timeline – Manage the timing so that the required milestones are met based on customer requirements as they were defined at the quoting and sourcing phases; Modify and manage timing as the project scope changes due to customer modifications (Note: Project timing does not change unless customer changes scope)
- Manage budget – Successfully launch project within the quoted budget
- Manage open issues and tasks list – Drive project through APQP meetings in which open issues and required tasks are coordinated through the cross-functional team (R&D, Manufacturing, Process Eng., Quality Eng., DSTC, etc.)
- Track/Manage all PPAP activities – Coordinate the completion of process flows, control plans, work instructions, capability analysis, material specifications, etc.; Drive CFT member that is responsible for each task as well as participate in the development of this documentation
- Run internal/external trials – Coordinate the scheduling of the line, labor, and procurement of materials until the part is fully into production; Initiate and oversee the trial until complete or until acceptable based on the complexity of the trial
- Coordinate/Submit all internal documentation – Ensure BOM's, routings, and all units within are correct per the pre-production trials
- Quote new projects – Quote based on review of customer-supplied data, requirements, and the capability of the existing equipment and processes; Work with Process Engineering to determine capital requirements if project will not work within existing processes; Get quotes for tooling from suppliers
- Reconcile actual and quoted costs – Track and confirm that Production costs due to tool scrap rates, material usage, and throughput rates are equivalent or better than those originally quoted. If costs are higher, develop, manage, and implement action plan to achieve quoted costs
- Approve customer print – Accept or reject the print based on the customer requirements and the process capabilities; Confirm part will meet all test requirements and specified GD&T
- Submit for testing – Submit parts or material for testing based on customer requirements
- Coordinate tool shipments
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a 4-year Technical degree in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, etc.; degree must be from an accredited institution)
- Must have at least 3 years of Project Management experience in the Automotive industry
- Must have a working knowledge of GD&T
- Must have a working knowledge of the APQP process and requirements for automotive PPAP
- Financial Acumen
- Ability to multitask and meet stringent deadlines
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communicator across all levels of the business
- Above average computer skills: MS Office
- Proven self- starter with good decision-making skills
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.