Metro Services is seeking to immediately fill a position as a Production Operator / General Laborer / Printer for a company in the Chattanooga Metropolitan Area. The job is primarily located in Bakewell, TN. If you are interested, apply today!
AAkron Rule is in search of qualified production operators/general laborers for our 1st and 2nd shifts. The Production Operator/General Labor candidate will operate, monitor, and maintain manufacturing equipment and processes. The daily routine will require the Production Operator/General Labor candidate to be on their feet nearly 100% of the time and includes walking, standing, reaching, lifting, stooping, or bending.
1st Shift - $12.00/hr
2nd Shift - $13.00/hr
Monday - Friday
7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Monday thru Thursday (4 ten hour days)
3:30 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Duties and skills of the Production Operator - General Laborer:
- Work safely and comply with all safety processes
- Understand customers' needs
- Comply with quality system work instructions
- Transport, handle and label raw materials and products
- Set up, start-up, operate and shut down manufacturing equipment in a manner that meets performance expectations
- Monitor equipment and processes, identify issues, and take either preventive or reactive action
- Inspect product and conduct product testing
- Enter production data and quality information into a computer system
- Maintain a written log. Perform minor maintenance on equipment
- Routinely clean equipment and work area
- Generate improvement ideas, and take action to implement
- Participate in problem-solving and improvement meetings
- Actively help others on the team
- Train peers
- Take on selected leadership roles within the team
- Conduct effective shift change hand-offs
- Work overtime as needed
- Other duties as assigned
All candidates must have an intermediate level of the following skillset:
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Interpersonal skills, with a willingness to constructively address issues
- Flexibility to learn, to accept new challenges, and to perform multiple roles
- Team player, offering help without being asked wherever the help is needed
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, with a commitment to excellence
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
2171 Market St
Dayton, TN 37321
Call: (423) 775-2303