Metro Services is immediately hiring in the Warren County, KY area for the position of Production Supervisor for an Automotive company located in Russell Springs, KY.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the following duties:
- The safety of employees
- Plant housekeeping and 6S
- Meeting daily Production requirements and on-time shipping of high-quality parts that meet customer expectations while continuously improving manufacturing operations
- Directly supervising Team Leaders, Production Associates, and Material Handlers on the backshift
Other responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures daily line staffing is sufficient to meet production and delivery requirements
- Reviews schedule and order requirements for each Production line; Communicates with prior and later shift supervision on schedule/order status as well as known priorities; Notifies FFM of unplanned downtime and excessive scrap or risk of not meeting schedule/order requirements per downtime escalation procedure
- Reviews line performance (safety, productivity, scrap, customer concerns, 6S); Discusses and initiates countermeasures for off-target performance; Follows up on associates' needs and concerns as it relates to Production needs
- Monitors hourly performance for each Production line; Coordinates with Team Leader and other support function as needed to immediately correct off-target line performance
- Demonstrates functional knowledge of shop floor and order management systems, both ERP (Oracle) and visual management
- Ensures compliance to visual management controls; Hour-by-hour performance tracking, KANBAN pull systems, Line OEE, scrap trends and improvement actions, downtime tracking and improvement actions, 6S audits trend and improvement actions
- Ensures employee compliance to part and process operating standards and standards work requirements; Immediately corrects non-conformance to procedure and issues identified Layered Process Audits (LPA)
- Ensures compliance to all rules, regulations, and policies; Immediately documents, communicates, and corrects violations or unsafe conditions; treats all direct reports equally with respect
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Associates degree and/or equivalent experience (degree must be from an accredited institution)
- 2-5 years prior Supervisory or Team Leadership responsibility in a Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of an ERP system (Oracle)
- Above average inter-personal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong planning skills and the ability to direct and lead by example
- Self-directed and motivated to achieve Manufacturing excellence in assigned area – drive for results
- Personal ownership and accountability for safety and Production performance
- Ability to interpret data and clearly present conclusions and improvement actions that are needed
- Knowledgeable in ISO/TS 16949, ISO14001, and OSHA requirements
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Creative Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Relationships
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!