Metro Services is immediately hiring for an Automotive company in the Manufacturing industry near Highland Park, MI. The positions available are Temp/Contract to Direct jobs and are for Production Operators, either local or travel. If this sounds like you apply today!
Production Operator Job Summary:
One of the world’s leading automotive technology companies is hiring for 140 openings at its new manufacturing facility in Highland Park, Michigan. The 210,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility manufactures complete vehicle seats. The role of a Production Operator is to produce quality parts and ensure the use of Excellence System principles in daily routines.
9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
9:00 p.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Successful candidates may be required to perform specific tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Attend Daily Top 5 Meeting
- Ensure 100% delivery to the customer
- Insert parts in the machine, ensure proper location, activate machine which automatically marries parts into sub-assembly or assembly
- Take part and improve effectiveness using Lean Manufacturing methods
- Install and maintain 5S standards
- Work shifts and overtime as necessary
- Responsible for the safety of all personnel working in the areas, including visitors
- Ensure health and safety requirements and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure adequate production lines supplies: assure the cleanness and tidiness of stocking areas, ensure feeding of production lines
- Escalate issues to Team Leader/ Shift Leader as necessary
- Work flexibly to meet customer demands and needs
- Ensure First IN First Out and follow all alert systems
- Responsible for maintaining equipment in an excellent working condition
- Comply with and reinforce the Code of Management and Code of Ethics
- All other duties assigned
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Basic level of lean manufacturing techniques preferable but not essential
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to listen, discuss, and ‘bottom out’ issues
- Ability to work under pressure to tight time scales
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong team player
- The Employee is aware and ensures the respect of the Internal Rules, Code of Ethics, and Management Code applicable in the establishment to which she/he is assigned
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum education level: High School degree or equivalent
- Experience in production within the automotive industry preferred
- Secure internal control with the support of financial controller and finance network
- Abide by Code of Ethics which includes: Respect for fundamental rights, Development of economic and social dialogue, Development of skills, Ethics, and business conduct
WHY WORK WITH METRO SERVICES
Metro Services specializes in Automotive, Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Retail. We offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment with our client companies. We also have full-time positions directly available with our clients.
The fact that many of our temporary assignments lead to full-time positions is a testimony to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
We understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and puts emphasis on the opportunities they have. Metro Services matches candidates to qualified jobs that best align with their past work experience. We also contribute to our employees' success by offering career counseling services such as coaching and resume building.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!