Press Operator in Automotive Facility
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately hire multiple Press Operators for an Automotive facility in Jonesville, MI. This is Temp/Contract to Direct position. Don't wait to apply!
- Operate a variety of presses from 50 to 3000 tons, while ensuring quality and productivity standards are met
- Perform set up and complete necessary documentation
100% Plant Floor (PPE Required)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, walk, and lift/move up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk and lift/move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to crouch/kneel, pull/push, reach, sit, and lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Operate hand transfer and progressive die operation and complete duties according to specific job instructions
- Problem solve automation issues as they arise
- Meet targeted production quotas according to work instructions and verbal directions
- Ensure only quality parts are passed on to the next operation and notify Press Shop Supervisor of quality-related problems
- Complete all necessary documentation (production reports, quality alerts, BOS sheets) correctly and in a timely manner
- Load, band, and handle coils
- Set up transfer press
- Produce, pack, and label parts (barcodes, process cards) according to BOS instructions
- Make adjustments to feed line and press
- Participate in die changes and record progress of continuous improvements of changes
- Check to make sure all guards are in place and light curtains are working
- Compare first and last piece with gage requirements and boundary samples to determine conformance with standard
- Identify press material defects and their causes
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Press Shop Supervisor
Other Company Duties:
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Shifts and Compensation:
Monday through Friday
7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - $13.00/hour
3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. - $13.50/hour
Sunday through Thursday
11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. - $13.75/hour
Operators can move up in pay and responsibility upon approval from Press Shop Supervisor, Press Shop Manager, and HR Manager. Mobility scale goes from Operator to Transfer Press Operator to Set Up. Forklift and/or crane license will be achieved when transitioning to the Transfer Press Operator position.
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication, decision-making, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Able to work in both a team and independently
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
Must abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following:
Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, and Human Resources policies.
Employee Handbook Language Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic Algebra and Geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.