Poultry Farm Worker
Metro Services is seeking to immediately hire multiple Poultry Farm Workers for a local Hatchery company in Sparta, TN. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct position. No experience is necessary! We will train. Apply Now!
- Overall care, bio-security, and husbandry of the facilities and poultry that are contained within the described properties
- Ensure that all programs and procedures are followed and implemented as described by the company guidelines. These are to be followed by all who enter the facilities at all times
- Maintain a high degree of quality, while running an efficient and cost-effective operation
Duties for this position include:
- Safety - Program implementation and compliance, development, and monitoring
- Quality - Responsible for the quality of work performed on the farm as well as the quality of the product produced
- Strain Security - Ensure that all possible controls are in place to preserve and protect the purity and security of our bloodlines from possible contamination and/or theft
- Bio-security - Rodent and pest control, clean-out protocols, and people and equipment traffic restrictions
- Control Cost and Operational Expenditures within budgeted guidelines
- Regular equipment adjustments: Feeders, drinkers, chlorine, ventilation, and lighting
- Animal husbandry: Welfare, environmental control, disease awareness, and vaccinations
- Proper inspection and documentation of all chicks received into the farm and all birds leaving the farm in any way and all means as deemed by company protocols
- Written and Verbal Communication within and outside the department, including flock records involving environment, mortality, and performance
- Coordination and close work with other departments in achieving company objectives
- ISO Compliance and Implementation as needed to achieve and maintain certification
$500.00 sign-on bonus!
6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
We offer a flexible work schedule
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10s and 100s
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals with or without a calculator
- Must be able to pass a Color Blind Test
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Cannot own any chickens or birds.
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY?
As soon as you have applied, give us a call at 855.715.5627 to let us know that your application has been submitted. Calling us makes you a priority! Also, check your email. We will send you electronic paperwork to fill out and sign. Of course, doing your paperwork from a computer is best, but it can also be done on a mobile device.
WHAT SETS US APART
At Metro Services, we understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and emphasizes their opportunities. Metro Services does this by matching qualified candidates to jobs that best align with their interests, abilities, and previous work experience. While we have full-time positions available with our client companies, we also offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment. The fact that we place over 10,000 employees annually and many of our temporary jobs lead to a full-time position is a testimony, in itself, to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
163 Mose Drive
Sparta, TN 38583
Call: (931) 739-9675