Poultry Farm Worker
Metro Services is immediately hiring for multiple Poultry Farm Workers for a local hatchery in Sparta, TN. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct position. No experience is necessary! We will train. Apply Now!
Will also receive $500.00 sign on bonus!
Monday - Friday
6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m
We offer a flexible schedule
- Overall care, bio-security, and husbandry of the facilities and poultry that are contained within the described properties
- Ensure that all programs and procedures are followed and implemented as described by the company guidelines. These are to be followed by all who enter the facilities at all times
- Maintain a high degree of quality, while running an efficient and cost-effective operation
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety: Program implementation and compliance, development, and monitoring
- Quality: Responsible for the quality of work performed on the farm as well as the quality of the product produced
- Strain Security: Ensure that all possible controls are in place to preserve and protect the purity and security of our bloodlines from possible contamination and/or theft
- Bio-security: Rodent and pest control, clean-out protocols, and people and equipment traffic restrictions
- Control Cost and Operational Expenditures within budgeted guidelines
- Regular equipment adjustments: Feeders, drinkers, chlorine, ventilation, and lighting
- Animal husbandry: Welfare, environmental control, disease awareness, and vaccinations
- Proper inspection and documentation of all chicks received into the farm and all birds leaving the farm in any way and all means as deemed by company protocols
- Written and Verbal Communication (within and outside the department) including flock records involving environment, mortality, and performance
- Coordination and close work with other departments in achieving company objectives
- ISO Compliance and Implementation as needed to achieve and maintain certification
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10s and 100s
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals with or without a calculator
- Must be able to to pass a Color Blind Test
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
183 Mose Drive
Sparta, TN 38583
Call: (931) 739-9675