Plastics Extrusion Operators
Metro Industrial Services is hiring a Plastics Extrusion Operator for a Manufacturing facility in Sparta, TN. This is a Temp/Contract job. Don't wait to apply!
Plastics Extrusion Operator Summary:
This position will be responsible for setting up and operating plastics extrusion machinery in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and customer requirements. The employee will read and interpret blueprints and diagrams to select, position, and secure machinery and will adjust and clean machines as well as document work performed as required. The person filling this position must be adaptable to ever-changing business environments and departmental need changes as well as inter-departmental, general business, and customer communication and confidentiality. This position is a full-time hourly position and will report directly to the Plastics Extrusion Supervisor.
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Set up and operate extrusion machines for the processing of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pellets into the rub rail
- Load hopper with PVC pellets ensuring selection of appropriate color per work order
- Tear down the machine as needed for any die changes required
- Set up saw and drill according to size and specifications of work order
- Perform quality control inspections on parts to ensure they meet specifications of work order
- Complete work order log for each part produced
- Appropriately package rub rail product once completed
- Maintain communication with Lead and/or Supervisor and other operators regarding work orders, parts produced, and machine operation to ensure timely and accurate processing and minimize waste
- Help maintain a clean and safe work area to minimize errors and avoid injuries
Other (Non-Essential) Functions:
- Contribute to a team effort by proactively assisting internal contacts
- Attend training programs to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills
- All other duties assigned
Monday - Thursday
Day shift: 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Night shift: 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
Overtime may be required
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years related experience/training
- Basic Math skills equivalent to an 8th grade Math level
- Considerable knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods, and standard practices of the trade
- Proficient with use of calibrated measurement equipment (dial indicators, depth micrometers, OD/ID micrometers, etc.)
WHY WORK WITH METRO SERVICES
Metro Services specializes in Automotive, Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Retail. We offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment with our client companies. We also have full-time positions directly available with our clients.
The fact that many of our temporary assignments lead to full-time positions is a testimony to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
We understand that job-seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and puts emphasis on the opportunities they have. Metro Services matches candidates to qualified jobs that best align with their past work experience. We also contribute to our employees' success by offering career counseling services such as coaching and resume building.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
163 Mose Drive
Sparta, TN 38583
Call: (931) 739-9675