Plastics Extrusion Operators - Hiring Immediately
Metro Industrial Services is hiring a Plastics Extrusion Operator for a facility in Sparta, TN. This is a Temp/Contract job. Don't wait to apply!
This position will be responsible for setting up and operating plastics extrusion machinery in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and customer requirements. The employee will read and interpret blueprints and diagrams to select, position, and secure machinery and will adjust and clean machines as well as document work performed as required. The person filling this position must be adaptable to ever-changing business environments and departmental need changes as well as inter-departmental, general business, and customer communication and confidentiality. This position is a full-time hourly position and will report directly to the Plastics Extrusion Supervisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Set up and operate extrusion machines for processing of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pellets into rub rail
- Load hopper with PVC pellets ensuring selection of appropriate color per work order
- Tear down machine as needed for any die changes required
- Set up saw and drill according to size and specifications of work order
- Perform quality control inspections on parts to ensure they meet specifications of work order
- Complete work order log for each part produced
- Appropriately package rub rail product once completed
- Maintain communication with Lead and/or Supervisor and other operators regarding work orders, parts produced, and machine operation to ensure timely and accurate processing and minimize waste
- Help maintain a clean and safe work area to minimize errors and avoid injuries
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
- Contribute to a team effort by proactively assisting internal contacts
- Attend training programs to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills
- All other duties assigned
Monday - Thursday
Day shift: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Night shift: 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Overtime may be required
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years related experience/training
- Basic Math skills equivalent to an 8th grade Math level
- Considerable knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods, and standard practices of the trade
- Proficient with use of calibrated measurement equipment (dial indicators, depth micrometers, OD/ID micrometers, etc.)
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.