Pigment Technician - Immediately Hiring
Metro Services is looking to immediately fill a position for a Pigment Technician. Qualified candidates must be able to weigh and maintain pigment blends/masterbatches for all products produced in accordance with Quality, Laboratory, Environmental and Safety systems while providing excellent support to production.
- Must be able to interact with management and production in order to prepare pigment blends in a timely fashion to support compounding production lines
- Must have excellent attention to detail while weighing pigments
- Must be able to understand schedule and use it to prepare upcoming blends in queue
- Must be able to read control plan and use it to prepare upcoming blends in queue
- Required to work comfortably with Windows 7, and Office 2010/2013 including MS Word, Label View and Excel
- Required to work comfortably with both English and Metric systems
- Required to know basic math to utilize and perform proportions, percentages, and calculations where applicable
- Practical and analytical abilities while able to multi-task
- Maintain/improve pigment room cleanliness and organization
- Responsible for inventory counts in pigment room when needed
- Follow all Quality, Safety & Environmental Procedures
- Apply the 7S For Success standards to the work areas and all tasks
- Uphold the Code of Conduct standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Color Manager
Monday through Friday
4:00 pm - 12:00 am or as needed to support production
Will be required to work as needed, including overtime unless previously planned PTO was approved according to the guidelines of the PTO Policy
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have good verbal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must have computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift 55lbs
- Have use of fingers and hands for writing and typing
- Ability to climb straight incline ladders
- Repetitive motions with body, including reaching with hands & arms; walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching also could be necessary
- Ability to operate a fork truck
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
2081 Hillsboro Boulevard
Manchester, TN 37355
Call: (931) 723-7810