Picker Packer - Hiring Immediately
Metro Services is immediately hiring multiple Picker Packers for a Distribution company in the Greater Memphis, TN. area. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic who is seeking long-term employment. This is a 90 Day Temp-to-Full-time hire position. Apply today!
Duties for this position include:
- Picking orders quickly and accurately
- Treating products with care so they arrive in mint condition
- Lifting, wrapping, labeling, and loading products for shipping
- Following all company safety protocols
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs and stand for the entire shift
- Consistently meet deadlines for product orders
Depending on Experience
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
8 or 10-hour shifts
Must be available to work overtime, if needed
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- All applicants must have an updated resume
- Must have 2 years Operator/Manufacturing/Picker Packer work experience
- Must have a strong work history
- Must be able to pass a 10-panel Drug Screen
- Must be able to stand for long periods
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 30-50 lbs
- Must be able to maintain balance while working, kneeling, bending, and/or crouching
- Must be able to perform repetitive actions/procedures
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, wet, or humid conditions
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to understand and follow directions
- Must be a good multi-tasker
- Must work with precision and accuracy
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have good accountability/record-keeping skills
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to wear all required PPE safety equipment, including but not limited to steel toe shoes, earplugs, harness, and safety glasses
- Forklift and Pallet jack experience is a plus
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY?
As soon as you have applied, give us a call at 855.715.5627 to let us know that your application has been submitted. Calling us makes you a priority! Also, check your email. We will send you electronic paperwork to fill out and sign. Of course, doing your paperwork from a computer is best, but it can also be done on a mobile device.
WHAT SETS US APART
At Metro Services, we understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and emphasizes their opportunities. Metro Services does this by matching qualified candidates to jobs that best align with their interests, abilities, and previous work experience. While we have full-time positions available with our client companies, we also offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment. The fact that we place over 10,000 employees annually and many of our temporary jobs lead to a full-time position is a testimony, in itself, to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
8295 Tournament Dr
Memphis, TN 38125
Call: (901) 538-7575 for an appointment
Call (855) 715-5627