Metro Services is immediately hiring a Materials Supervisor for an Automotive facility in the Columbia TN, area. This is a Direct Hire position. Apply now!
Will supervise and coordinate perpetual inventory record of materials and supplies as well as other general stock items. Also responsible for related work as required.
- Responsible for monitoring MRP Analyst, gives guidance, training, and solutions when needed. Ensuring employees are completing daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Support production needs by ensuring on-time delivery of materials to avoid downtime or customer product shortages.
- Maintain Min/Max inventories and an inventory budget set by the Materials Manager.
- Verify customer PO’s orders and releases. Must ensure pricing and packaging clauses are being attached as specified.
- Ensure parts, BOMs, and routers are set up correctly and in a timely manner by working alongside Engineers with clear communication.
- Help cover sick or vacation days by backing customer service and materials manager.
- Work closely with scheduler/warehouse supervisor for daily incoming/outgoing shipments.
- Ensure that materials supplied to sub-suppliers are maintained at sub-supplier min/max required to meet their demands and to avoid any customer shortages.
- Responsible for setting up trucks for materials, tooling and customer ships, etc.
- Tracking of freight costs, cutting costs, and maintaining a set budget from the materials manager.
- Set up a budget for a supervisor to approve expedites to and from customers or suppliers without having to wait for approval from a manager.
- Work with cycle counters to determine inventory discrepancies. Set frequencies on materials to be cycle counted, while giving guidance and training on these things as needed.
- Must work with the accounting department for shipping and receiving issues.
- Help warehouse personnel by supplying training and guidance where needed.
- Responsible for the scheduling of OT, time off, and vacations for hourly staff.
- Clear communication with the Material manager on day-to-day issues that cannot be resolved or approved by the supervisor.
$70k - $80k annual salary (experience dependent)
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years experience with the methods used in keeping records of purchases, receipts, and payments and maintaining general supplies; Excellent verbal/written communication
- 3-5 years experience in the fundamentals of inventory controls
- Ability to effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets
- Ability to use a computerized inventory control system
- Maintain and follow all training requirements
- Able to work different hours and shifts as needed
- Always maintain a clean and safe work area
- Use required safety equipment.
Job Physical Requirements
- Sitting: remaining in the seated position
- Hand and Finger: Picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling keyboard or working with pen and paper. Dexterity of the fingers and hands.
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!