Material Handling and Shipping Positions - Hiring Immediately
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately fill a Shipping position for a facility in Sparta, TN. This is a Temp/Contract job. Apply now!
This position will be responsible for performing material handing duties such as picking material, packing material, scanning in orders, and shipping orders. This position will also be responsible for reporting any discrepancies in orders and any damaged product found and for maintaining a safe and organized warehouse. The person filling this position must be adaptable to ever-changing business environments and departmental need changes as well as inter-departmental, general business, and customer communication and confidentiality. This position is a full-time hourly position and will report directly to the Shipping Supervisor.
- Meet all customer requirements with regard to labels, skid size, and kind of skids
- Pick and Pack all orders by the ship date on the order
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ensure all orders are picked and packed with correct quantities
- Ensure all orders picked and packed are placed in the correct location
- Report all discrepancies or damaged product to the Floor Lead/Supervisor
- Ensure all orders are scanned when picked and scanned when packed
- Label all skids with a final content label
- Ensure the weight and skid measurements are written on the pick ticket
- Ensure all pick tickets are signed by the picker and packer
- Load the correct order on the correct carrier
- Operate and maintain all material handling equipment including: pallet jack, fork lift, and cherry picker (must be willing to learn a Combi lift)
- Participate in monitoring inventory levels and bin audits
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment
- Participate in department meetings, warehouse meetings, safety meetings, and other company activities
Day shift: 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Night shift: 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have 1 year of Shipping experience
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.