Material Handling and Shipping Positions
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately fill Material Handling and Shipping Positions for a Manufacturing facility in Sparta, TN. This is a Temp/Contract job. Apply now!
Duties for this position include:
- Ensure all orders are picked and packed with correct quantities
- Ensure all orders picked and packed are placed in the correct location
- Report all discrepancies or damaged product to the Floor Lead/Supervisor
- Ensure all orders are scanned when picked and scanned when packed
- Label all skids with a final content label
- Ensure the weight and skid measurements are written on the pick ticket
- Ensure all pick tickets are signed by the picker and packer
- Load the correct order on the correct carrier
- Operate and maintain all material handling equipment including: pallet jack, fork lift, and cherry picker (must be willing to learn a Combi lift)
- Participate in monitoring inventory levels and bin audits
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment
- Participate in department meetings, warehouse meetings, safety meetings, and other company activities
Monday - Thursday
6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday
3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Weekend only schedule
6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Saturday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have 1 year of Shipping experience
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY?
As soon as you have applied, give us a call at 855.715.5627 to let us know that your application has been submitted. Calling us makes you a priority! Also, check your email. We will send you electronic paperwork to fill out and sign. Of course, doing your paperwork from a computer is best, but it can also be done on a mobile device.
WHAT SETS US APART
At Metro Services, we understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and emphasizes their opportunities. Metro Services does this by matching qualified candidates to jobs that best align with their interests, abilities, and previous work experience. While we have full-time positions available with our client companies, we also offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment. The fact that we place over 10,000 employees annually and many of our temporary jobs lead to a full-time position is a testimony, in itself, to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
163 Mose Drive
Sparta, TN 38583
Call: (931) 739-9675