Join our growing team! Metro Services is immediately hiring multiple Material Handlers for an automotive company in Chattanooga, TN. Successful candidates must be fork truck certified. Don't wait to apply
Job duties include:
- Unload inbound raw materials and supplies delivered to the facility for storage in the warehouse.
- Transport materials between departments and buildings to ensure availability at appropriate times needed for manufacturing processes.
- Document orders, materials, and any stock movements.
- Prepare finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking inventory as needed.
- Must comply with all warehouse safety rules and guidelines.
- Keep materials and work area clean, organized, and free from clutter, or any potential safety hazards.
- Ensure all materials and equipment are organized, used, and stored properly.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
1st Shift: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must pass a background check
- Must have a Valid Drivers License
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2- year warehouse experience, preferred
- Must be fork truck certified
- Prior experience with MRP or SAP system
- Familiarity with shipping systems and inventory control
- Ability to work cooperatively with others both within the department and externally
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Basic math skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including mandatory overtime
- Ability to lift up to 100 Ibs
WHY WORK WITH METRO SERVICES
Metro Services specializes in Automotive, Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Retail. We offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment with our client companies. We also have full-time positions directly available with our clients.
The fact that many of our temporary assignments lead to full-time positions is a testimony to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
We understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and puts emphasis on the opportunities they have. Metro Services matches candidates to qualified jobs that best align with their past work experience. We also contribute to our employees' success by offering career counseling services such as coaching and resume building.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
5791 Brainerd Rd
Chattanooga, TN 37411
Call: (423) 225-9675