Material Handler Position - Second Shift - Hiring Immediately
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately hire Material Handlers for an automotive facility in Manchester, MI. This is a Temp/Contract job. Apply now!
From 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- Ensure that internal and external customers are supplied with all required materials and supporting documentation
- Contribute to safe, clean and comfortable work environment by applying the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize, and support)
- Interact effectively with employees at all levels in a team environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and sound judgment to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Be present at work and ready to work at the assigned time for every scheduled work day
- Follow all work instructions for all assigned operations; Work safely, following safety work instructions
- Operating all equipment, machines, or other devices in a manner that provides a safe working environment for yourself and others
- Supply the assigned manufacturing area(s) with raw materials, parts, supplies, and dunnage to maintain uptime
- Operate assigned mobile equipment, including fork trucks, safely and with due consideration to pedestrians
- Perform inspections/maintenance of assigned mobile equipment as required
- Ensure that all materials and finished goods are stored and labeled with proper documentation
- Take inventory counts as required; Make sure parts/finished goods are stored in designated locations
- Report the absence of, or defect in, any equipment or protective device of which you are aware and which may endanger the health and safety of yourself or another worker to Supervisor
- Maintain safety
- Maintain good attendance
- Quality Productivity
- Scrap Downtime
- Follow company policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned by Materials & Logistics Supervisor
- In office and plant environment
- Overtime is required as needed to support Production
- Work in hot and cold environments
- Work in loud environments
- Must be able to use hands, arms, and wrist to work continuously throughout shift
- Safety shoes and safety glasses are required
- Frequent long hours as required
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Critical Success Factors:
- Minimum - High School diploma/GED or ability to pass a Skills Test
- 1 year experience in a Manufacturing environment; preferably in Automotive, but we are willing to train
- Excellent attendance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Acceptable verbal/written English skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Good computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Knowledge of Quality standards is a plus but not a requirement
- Adequate vision acuity
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
201 E. Main St
Manchester, MI 48158
Call: (734) 371-0111
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.