Material Handler Position - Second Shift - Hiring Immediately
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately hire Material Handlers for an Automotive facility in Manchester, MI. This is a Temp/Contract job. Apply now!
Duties for this position include:
- Ensure that internal and external customers are supplied with all required materials and supporting documentation
- Contribute to safe, clean and comfortable work environment by applying the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize, and support)
- Interact effectively with employees at all levels in a team environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and sound judgment to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Be present at work and ready to work at the assigned time for every scheduled work day
- Follow all work instructions for all assigned operations; Work safely, following safety work instructions
- Operating all equipment, machines, or other devices in a manner that provides a safe working environment for yourself and others
- Supply the assigned manufacturing area(s) with raw materials, parts, supplies, and dunnage to maintain uptime
- Operate assigned mobile equipment, including fork trucks, safely and with due consideration to pedestrians
- Perform inspections/maintenance of assigned mobile equipment as required
- Ensure that all materials and finished goods are stored and labeled with proper documentation
- Take inventory counts as required; Make sure parts/finished goods are stored in designated locations
- Report the absence of, or defect in, any equipment or protective device of which you are aware and which may endanger the health and safety of yourself or another worker to Supervisor
- Maintain safety
- Maintain good attendance
- Quality Productivity
- Scrap Downtime
- Follow company policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned by Materials & Logistics Supervisor
- In office and plant environment
- Overtime is required as needed to support Production
- Work in hot and cold environments
- Work in loud environments
- Must be able to use hands, arms, and wrist to work continuously throughout shift
- Safety shoes and safety glasses are required
- Frequent long hours as required
4:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum - High School diploma/GED or ability to pass a Skills Test
- 1 year experience in a Manufacturing environment; preferably in Automotive, but we are willing to train
- Excellent attendance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Acceptable verbal/written English skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Good computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Knowledge of Quality standards is a plus but not a requirement
- Adequate vision acuity
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY?
As soon as you have applied, give us a call at 855.715.5627 to let us know that your application has been submitted. Calling us makes you a priority! Also, check your email. We will send you electronic paperwork to fill out and sign. Of course, doing your paperwork from a computer is best, but it can also be done on a mobile device.
WHAT SETS US APART
At Metro Services, we understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and emphasizes their opportunities. Metro Services does this by matching qualified candidates to jobs that best align with their interests, abilities, and previous work experience. While we have full-time positions available with our client companies, we also offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment. The fact that we place over 10,000 employees annually and many of our temporary jobs lead to a full-time position is a testimony, in itself, to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
10860 Belleville Rd
Belleville, MI 48111
Call: (734) 371-0111