Manual Conventional Machinist - Hiring Immediately
Metro Services is seeking to immediately hire a Manual/Conventional Mechanic to perform reparation and refurbishment of mechanical equipment common in food processing plants (i.e. Pumps, Gearboxes, vapor turbines, etc.). This is Full-time position. Apply now!
Essential Duties of the Manual/Conventional Mechanic:
- Disassembles/dismantles machines and equipment.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Enters and maintains records pertaining to repair of equipment, purchase of parts, etc.
- Research purchasing requirements and completes proper paperwork for purchases.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Follows safety guidelines at all times including lock-out/block-out procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist with moving machinery, parts, and product.
$19.00 - $23.00/hour
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Apply Now! Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!