Metro Services is seeking to immediately fill a position as a Maintenance Technician for a company in the Chattanooga Tennessee Metropolitan Area. The job is primarily located in Bakewell, TN. If you are interested, apply today!
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Monday - Friday
7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Successful candidates must exhibit the following skills:
- Committed to integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Initiative to do the right thing without being told
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Interpersonal skills, with a willingness to constructively address issues
- Flexibility to learn, to accept new challenges, and to perform multiple roles
- Team player, offering help without being asked wherever the help is needed
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, with a commitment to excellence
- Strong sense of urgency
- Able to lift 75lbs
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Work overtime as needed.
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience
- Experience in Hydraulics, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Forklift, Welding, Milling, Lathe, CNC, and Pneumatics is beneficial
All candidates must have an intermediate level of the following skillset:
- Forklift Experience
- HVAC Certified
- Lathes Experience
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
2171 Market St
Dayton, TN 37321
Call: (423) 775-2303