Maintenance Technician Position
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately fill a Maintenance Technician position at a facility in Manchester, MI. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct job and duties are the following:
Maintain physical plant and equipment to ensure 100% production up-time.
- Abide by all Company polices, including but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Responsible for housekeeping, work area, parts, and equipment
- Complete routine paperwork as required
- Determine nature and cause of machine malfunction
- Remove, replace, or adjust parts and test machine to verify effectiveness of repairs
- Return repaired machines to service
- Perform preventive maintenance on machines and equipment
- Upgrade or install machine guards and controls
- Lubricate and paint machines and equipment
- Set up and operate lathe, grinder, welding equipment, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts
- Install and repair plumbing, ventilation, and electrical systems
- Perform other general maintenance
- Perform general building maintenance
- Document completion of work orders and notify requesters of job completion
- Issue Purchase Requisitions or initiate purchase orders for repair materials, machine components, and parts
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Plant Floor - PPE required
- Involves handling or working near industrial chemicals or vapors such as solvents, cleaning agents, and flammable liquids
- Involves operating or working near moving mechanical equipment
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent; 2-year Technical degree preferred and/or a minimum 5 years practical experience in a Manufacturing environment (preferably Automotive)
- 2 years of demonstrated work experience performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair on Manufacturing and plant equipment, machinery, and controls
- A solid working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Must be flexible, reliable, work well with others, and be extremely safety-oriented
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent attendance
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact with the Management Team in a professional manner to enhance the company’s performance
- Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum direction
- Ability to work in a team environment and be both a team player and team leader
- Shift work
- Work on ladders, lifts, and scaffolds
- Adequate vision acuity
- Frequent long hours and Overtime as required
- Ability to stand up to 12 hours during a work shift
- Ability to lift materials or objects up to 25 pounds frequently and 40+ pounds occasionally
- Ability to stoop or crouch to retrieve and/or lift equipment and work on machines
- Ability to use power tools, lathes, hand tools, etc.
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, and policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.