Maintenance Technician in Automotive Facility
Metro Industrial Services is immediately hiring a Maintenance Technician for an Automotive facility in Mt. Juliet, TN. The Technician will report to the Maintenance Supervisor. This is a Direct Hire position. Don't wait to apply!
Maintenance Tech will repair and maintain machinery and equipment such as presses, feed lines, welders, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines by performing the following duties.
Successful candidates may be required to perform specific tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Observes machinery and equipment in operation to locate source of trouble
- Troubleshoots faulty or broken machinery and equipment to locate source of trouble and performs repairs required
- Dismantles equipment to remove and replace defective parts
- Uses equipment service manuals and background experience to repair machinery and equipment
- Completes equipment checks to meet TOSHA and environmental compliance
- Performs normal maintenance schedule on machinery and equipment
- Performs emergency repair on all machinery and equipment
- Troubleshoots electrical and electronic equipment
- Maintains utility services
- Completes and fills out maintenance work orders
- Supports new equipment installation and startup
- Supports rigging and moving of machinery and equipment
- Supports TOSHA and environmental compliance requirements and programs
- Responsible for control of customer consigned equipment
- Has the authority to place any product on hold that is suspect of poor quality
- Helps prevent customer concerns and is willing to be directly involved with customer to resolve issues and solve problems
- Housekeeping within the department and around work areas
- Supports continuous improvement projects in department
- Correction of any safety/environmental problem in department
- Ensure department complies with lockout/tag-out procedure
- Ensure department complies with calibration procedure
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and will occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the plant is sometimes loud. PPE is required in certain areas of the plant. The facility is air-conditioned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$22.00 - $24.00
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma/ GED
- 3+ years related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as in basic math and math formulas
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry, electrical formulas, and mechanics
- Must own hand tools required for general maintenance of equipment found in a stamping facility
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.