Metro Services is seeking to immediately hire a Maintenance Supervisor for a HVAC Unit Manufacturer in Memphis, TN.
Develop, improve and support Memphis Operations maintenance programs, assets, facilities and related processes. This includes methods and processes to improve functional performance and productivity, safety and waste while meeting quality expectations.
The maintenance supervisor will be hands-on, taking an active role in troubleshooting and maintaining the facility and systems. In addition, this role requires leadership of a small support team.
$45K year Depending on experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Supervises maintenance/facilities staff on-site
- Develops and administers a preventive maintenance program (e.g., Total Productive Maintenance) to maintain production machinery, tooling and equipment.
- Directs the operation, maintenance and periodic upgrade of electrical, compressed gases, water, and HVAC systems.
- Manages and coordinates activities of employees and/or 3rd party providers engaged in the maintenance of electrical, mechanical and custodial operations.
- Negotiates contracted services for all maintenance and construction activities. Inspects jobs in process and at completion and maintains standards of workmanship and safety for all related activities.
- Works closely with Quality Department to ensure compliance with ISO 14001 activities.
- Supports LEAN initiatives including: Kaizen events, 6 Sigma, SMED, Standard Work and 5S.
- Supports and implements plant layout and equipment changes to improve production efficiency and reduce costs.
- Responsible for electrical and mechanical equipment layouts and the modification of facilities within the plant.
- Prepares departmental budgets as necessary; ensures conformance as required.
- Participates with Fire Dept. and insurance inspections and follow-up with recommendations.
- Oversees proper storage and disposition of hazardous materials and waste generated.
- Ensures all areas are maintained in accordance with company policy, state, federal and regulating entities.
- Provide internal and on-site customer support and problem solving as a work product/services expert. Make recommendations to management regarding solutions.
- Able to work effectively both individually and in a team with minimal supervision; able to make decisions using own initiative based on company policy and regulating entities. Give regular updates to direct supervisor regarding progress and non-routine occurrences that may disrupt work schedule.
- Ensure knowledge of the appropriate safety, security and environmental revisions. Handle relevant equipment with care, being concerned with safety and security. Immediately report safety concerns to Supervisor/Lead.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks, applying strong attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze issues, troubleshoot, problem-solve and effectively and efficiently make decisions.
- Strong communication skills with external and internal personnel to include:
- Active listening skills; ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to clearly explain technical subjects to internal and external personnel.
- Able to work in a progressive, fast-paced environment and amongst multiple interruptions and competing demands.
- Continue own education by staying informed of industry trends and learning new skills when possible.
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Associates Degree or Advanced trade certification in related area.
- Experience as a supervisor.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing environment
- Computer savvy, MS Office – spreadsheets, presentations, also ability to create basic electronic layout drawings
- Able to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics and building blueprints.
- Must have a working knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, CNC, mechanical and construction equipment. Able to lead troubleshooting and repair on related systems.
- Ability to do minor metal fabrication and welding, preferred
- Experience in 5S and other Lean tools a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must have the ability to sit or stand at computer for extended periods of time
- The employee is required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and motor control using various tools
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Apply Now! Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!