Metro Services is currently seeking to hire several Maintenance Mechanics for a Lighting Manufacturer in Cookeville, TN. Apply now!
Duties for this position include:
- Involves set-up, repair, preventative maintenance, and required mechanical adjustments to molding equipment
- Observe mechanical devices on molding operation to diagnose potential or recurring problems based on visual or sound indicators
- Disassemble or adjust part of equipment with hand tools or power tools to effect correction of problems due to equipment
- Perform required preventative maintenance and all other necessary repairs to assigned equipment to ensure continued effective and safe operation
- Communicate observed opportunities to improve safety, quality, or production processes that can reduce injuries, scraps, or production losses
- Maintain good housekeeping standards in all work areas
3rd Shift - Rotating
2 Nights On/3 Nights Off then 3 Nights On/2 Nights Off
7:00p.m. - 7:00a.m.
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Must possess strong analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to multi-task and keep the presses running and supplied while producing quality products
- Ability to read and comprehend written and oral instructions, correspondence, and memorandums
- Ability to write simple clear correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to team members, customers, and other employees of the company
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide in all units using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret SPC graphs and bar
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must pass a drug screen and a background check
- Must have at least one year of experience in a similar position
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be willing to work mandatory overtime
Why work with Metro Services?
- Metro Services specializes in Automotive, Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Retail. We offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment with our client companies. We also have full-time positions directly available with our clients. The fact that many of our temporary assignments lead to full-time positions is a testimony to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
- We understand that job-seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and puts emphasis on the opportunities they have. Metro Services matches candidates to qualified jobs that best align with their past work experience. We also contribute to our employees' success by offering career counseling services such as coaching and resume building.
- Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
- While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
183 Mose Drive
Sparta, TN 38583
Call: (931) 739-9675