Metro Services is immediately hiring for Machine Operator positions in the Grand Rapids area. This position is in the Automotive Manufacturing Industry with 100% travel and offers benefits in Walker, MI. No experience necessary - Training Provided. Apply Now!
Duties for this position include:
- Load component parts into automated assembly cells in an efficient manner to support the production of customer parts
- Record production in the reporting system and provide timely notification to their supervisor or the maintenance department for production issues with the work center
- Perform quality checks and part packing as prescribed in the work center instructions.
- $14.50/hour - $16.85/hour
- Travel pay
Monday - Thursday
4:00a.m. - 2:30p.m.
Tuesday - Friday
3:00 a.m. - 1:30p.m.
Friday - Saturday
4:00a.m. - 2:30p.m.
1:00a.m. - 11:30a.m.
3:00a.m. - 1:30p.m.
We are currently seeking candidates from the following areas:
- Detroit, MI
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Warren, MI
- Sterling Heights, MI
- Lansing, MI
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Flint, MI
- Dearborn, MI
- Livonia, MI
- Troy, MI
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Ability to read and interpret job process sheets, or follow verbal instructions
- Ability to use a variety of gages (functional, go/no go)
- Ability to work as a contributing member within a team environment
Successful candidates must meet the following Physical and Environmental demands:
- Exposure to noise, fumes, dirt, heat, sparks, and smoke
- May also be exposed to water, vibration, dust, grease, and oil
- May be required to load, unload, lifts, move, pull, push, or position products and materials weighing up to 35 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heavier objects by work partners), throughout assigned work center
- Frequently walks, bends, twists turns, and lifts while performing functions of the position
- Moderate-sized equipment used around work area
- Possible cuts, scrapes, burns, or bruises
- Eye protection required; hearing protection required; cut-resistant arm guards required; cut resistant gloves required
Successful candidates must meet the following Behavioral Requirements:
- High standards of performance for self. Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes. Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issues to find resolution, and monitoring progress. Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships
- Moves within own and/or other work areas to support plant needs
- Works with a sense of urgency to meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks and returns as scheduled times
- May be required to work up to 12 hours per day including weekends (overtime and double time as applicable)
Why work with Metro Services?
- Metro Services specializes in Automotive, Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Retail. We offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment with our client companies. We also have full-time positions directly available with our clients. The fact that many of our temporary assignments lead to full-time positions is a testimony to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
- We understand that job-seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and puts emphasis on the opportunities they have. Metro Services matches candidates to qualified jobs that best align with their past work experience. We also contribute to our employees' success by offering career counseling services such as coaching and resume building.
- Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
- While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!