Metro Services is seeking to immediately hire multiple full-time (for all shifts) and part-time Manufacturing Operators in Manchester, MI. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct position. Apply now!
Job Summary: To operate all equipment as per Work Instructions safely and responsibly
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Abiding by all Company Policies: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, and Human Resources policies as well as the Employee Handbook
- Being responsible for, but not limited to, the manufacturing of parts and product by operating production machines and assembling components
- Operating equipment by using hand tools and fixtures and assembling components as required
- Testing and visually inspecting completed or in-process work, notifying supervisor or other personnel of manufacturing or quality problems, and documenting quality conformance and production volumes during shift or run
- Preparing finished parts or product for shipment or routing to next processing stage or notifying appropriate personnel that product is ready for packaging or shipment
- Rotating between different work stations or job assignments
- Maintaining good housekeeping in work area
- Maintaining accurate and complete daily paperwork
- Completing quality checks as defined by job instructions
- Wiping down and keeping equipment clean
All other duties as requested by Team Leader by the end of each shift are the following:
- Sweep and wash floors
- Dump scrap
- Dump garbage cans
- Clean and organize work station
$13.50 hour (First Shift)
$13.85 hour (Second Shift)
$14.00 hour (Third Shift)
Monday - Thursday 5:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday - Thursday 4:00 pm to 2:00 am
Monday - Friday 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
A Shift: Monday - Wednesday - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
B Shift: Thursday - Saturday - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
C Shift: Monday - Wednesday - 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
D Shift: Thursday - Saturday - 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent attendance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Acceptable verbal/written English skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Good computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum - High School diploma/GED or pass a skills test
- 1 year experience in a Manufacturing environment; preferably in Automotive, but we are willing to train
- Knowledge of Quality standards is a plus but not a requirement
- Adequate vision acuity
- Frequent long hours and overtime as required
- Ability to stand up to 10 hours during a work shift
- Ability to lift materials or objects up to 25 pounds frequently, 40 pounds occasionally
- Ability to perform repetitive operations and operate machine controls with hands and fingers
- Assembly work may include repetitive pushing, pulling, and bending of parts, as well as manipulating small parts
- Ability to stoop or crouch to retrieve and/or lift parts
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
201 E. Main St
Manchester, MI 48158
Call: (734) 371-0111