Metro Services is seeking to immediately fill multiple positions as a Machine Operator at a Textile company starting at $16.20/hour in Dayton, TN. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct job. If you are interested, apply today!
Duties for this position include:
- Unload buggies into the Reiter several times a day
- String the Reiter by keeping all ends together
- Tie and doff from each of the Reiter and place onto a belt
- Unload the belt and inspect every tube and put an Inspected By Sticker in every tube
- Give the yarn package a final quality review making sure every tube meets company standards and has a product label and inspection label
- Stack all belt tubes neatly on skids
- Keep work area clean
- Make sure partials are spliced and there are no knots tied in mono
Starting at $16.20/hour
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Shift change every four months
January, May, and September shift rotates
*Limited offer* - If you need to stay on one shift only, you will be allowed. In this case, you will not have to swing shift. However, you will not be eligible for full-time hire at the company instead, this would be a temp position.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Resume Required
- Preferred 6 months or more continuous experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Can not be color blind
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts
- May be required to stand for long periods
- Work may involve some repetitive motions
- Must be able to lift to 35 pounds
- Work may also require frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, and pulling of parts and part containers
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity, and cold
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Attention to color and numbers
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Interactive skills to effectively work as part of a team
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
All candidates must have a beginner level of the following skillset:
- Machine Set-Up
- Finishing Machine
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY?
As soon as you have applied, give us a call at 855.715.5627 to let us know that your application has been submitted. Calling us makes you a priority! Also, check your email. We will send you electronic paperwork to fill out and sign. Of course, doing your paperwork from a computer is best, but it can also be done on a mobile device.
WHAT SETS US APART
At Metro Services, we understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and emphasizes their opportunities. Metro Services does this by matching qualified candidates to jobs that best align with their interests, abilities, and previous work experience. While we have full-time positions available with our client companies, we also offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment. The fact that we place over 10,000 employees annually and many of our temporary jobs lead to a full-time position is a testimony, in itself, to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
2171 Market St
Dayton, TN 37321
Call: (423) 775-2303