Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately fill a Machine Operator position for an Automotive company in the Asheville, NC area. The job is primarily located in Arden, NC. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct job. Apply now!
Machine Operator will be responsible for working on the line machining parts and performing quality checks in a timely manner. This position requires shift work and the ability to work Overtime.
- Set up and troubleshoot machines in a safe and productive manner
- Evaluate out-of-tolerance conditions and make adjustments accordingly
- Work to continuously improve all areas of productivity and reduce excess waste
- Provide direct supervision to Operators in the absence of the Supervisor
- Program CNC machine tools, specifying movement along three axes to create shape specified
- Train and assist Operators with troubleshooting as needed and work in a team environment
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
$15/hour - $15.75/hour based on the shift
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of Machine Operator experience
- Ability to transpose measurements from scale drawings into machine operating code
- Ability to read, interpret, and react to CMM reports
- Ability to read computer-generated profile views
- Ability to interpret blueprints
- Ability to interact with Supervisors and co-workers to take direction on job assignments and exchange information
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms to various levels within the organization
- Demonstrate good decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and, when needed, be a part of a team
- Possess excellent computer skills to confirm measurements or adjust computer control (CNC) machinery
- Knowledge and understanding of CNC programming for lathes, mills, and grinders
- Ability to learn new specifications and procedures through on-the-job training and experience
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.