Loading Crew Personnel
Metro Services is immediately hiring several loading crew members for a warehouse facility in Sparta, TN.
This position requires that the employee perform all essential duties as assigned by the Loading Supervisor which shall include the following:
- The individual’s personal safety and the safety of others is a top priority, the Loading Crewmember is expected to strictly adhere to safety instruction, rules, and guidelines involving the operation of materials handling equipment (i.e., forklift, tug, picker, etc). Duties include a pre-operation safety inspection and the written completion of a safety checklist. If a problem should be found, the operator (i.e., Loading Crewmember) must immediately report the concern to the manager/supervisor and tag the equipment as “Out of Service” pending the appropriate service or repair. Further, the operator is expected to keep equipment clean
- Expected to strictly follow instructions involving truck assignments, customer sales and transfer orders, the sequence of stops, etc. for the loading of product. The Distribution Loading Crew Manager/Supervisor directs and provides instruction to the Loading Crewmember by providing product order(s) information and truck assignments. This instruction must be strictly followed
- Operate a forklift or other materials handling equipment to pick staged orders (units) and load them on trucks
- Possess basic computer skills and the ability to proficiently perform routine tasks on a desktop and/or handheld computer
- Comprehend written/verbal information and instruction suppled in paper format and by various computer(s) and computer programs that identify orders (units) to be picked, then locate such orders (units) by handheld computer(s) for loading onto designated trucks
- Follow all processes and procedures involving load placement, weight distribution, and the strapping and securing of loads on trucks and trailers) to ensure that damage to the products does not occur during these processes
- Climbing is required, the crewmember must often climb up/onto/into a truck or trailer in order to check or secure a load. Therefore, crewmember must have the ability to open, close, and secure the doors on trailers, open, close and secure properly secure curtains on curtain side trailers, etc.
- Properly operate various weight scales to weigh trucks or product (units) as may be required
- The ability to organize and assist in the handling of paperwork such as packing lists, truck routes, bills of lading, and other paperwork as is required with the trucks and loading
- Keeps supervision informed of all quality, receiving, or shipping problems
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this job. The crewmember is expected to adapt to changes in the work schedule as necessitated by management
- Employee must proficiently read, speak and understands English
- Must possess the ability to safely and proficiently operate a forklift/order picker/tug, or other material handling equipment following basic instruction to become certified and licensed after training
- Observe, follow, and obey all lockout/tagout procedures with all equipment. Do not attempt to start or energize equipment which is under lockout/tagout
Monday to Friday
7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year of experience in similar positions
- Work priorities are determined by the sequence of outgoing materials with some judgment required for completion of duties
- Work daily overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- Use and read a tape measure and perform simple mathematical calculations
- Work with simple hand tools such as those used for packaging
- Wear safety shoes, and other personal safety equipment as required, such as hearing protection, safety glasses with side shields at all times, and protective gloves when necessary
- Certified to operate all required materials handling equipment
- Lift and carry loads up to 75 pounds occasionally. Request help for loads over 75 pounds
- Continuously lift and manipulate parts from 5 to 50 pounds
- Bend, squat, kneel, crouch, stand, walk, and reach above shoulder level and push/pull material
- Frequently use both feet and both hands
- Firm grasping and fine manipulation with both hands as necessary
- Frequent exposure to propane exhaust fumes and wood dust
- Exposure to normal warehouse/factory environment and the extremes of heat and cold when in the outside environment
- Requires ordinary conversation, hearing, and visual acuity
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
163 Mose Drive
Sparta, TN 38583
Call: (931) 739-9675