Human Resources Administrator
Metro Industrial Services is immediately hiring for the position of Human Resources Administrator for a company in Hamptonville, NC. This is a Direct Hire. Apply now!
- Provide Human Resources administrative support to North American Metals in areas related to employment, benefit administration, unemployment, worker’s compensation, etc.
- Maintain accurate records in the Human Resources database (as well as time and attendance, where appropriate)
- Maintain all personnel files
- Assist on projects and initiatives as directed by the Global HR Director
- Support Company's Lean, Quality, Safety, and Environmental initiatives
Other duties and responsibilities include the following:
- May assist in the recruitment of hourly and temporary candidates; Consults with the Hiring Manager, schedules interviews, performs reference and background checks, arranges for post offer physicals and provides full orientation for new hires
- Processes all employment and benefits paperwork into HRIS and maintains all employee records for the operation
- Processes all terminations appropriately with third party Unemployment Cost Control Administrator
- Creates and maintains all termination paperwork as required
- Records all training records in appropriate training management system
- Informs HR leadership of any potential compliance issues at local level with major state and federal employment and labor laws (FMLA, FLSA, ADA, Sexual Harassment, etc.); Maintains all systems, records, and transactions to comply with regulatory reporting
- Assists in tracking work-related injuries, submitting Workers Compensation initial claims, and recording OSHA logs; May work with supervisors to monitor return-to-work programs
- May assist with time and attendance system/labor reporting; May approve time and attendance punches, including pay codes
- Promotes safety through active participation and support of Company safety policies and programs
- Updates job descriptions as necessary
- Promotes harmony in the workplace through good and open communication as well as through fair, consistent, and respectful treatment
- May monitor short-term disabilities; Processes proper forms and may work with supervisor to actively pursue a return-to-work program in collaboration with the employee’s physician(s)
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma
- 2 + years Administrative experience
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be extremely well-organized and have an eye for details
- Excellent communicator and must work well with all levels of the organization
- Associates degree (must be from an accredited institution)
- 2+ years Administrative experience in Human Resources
- Good working knowledge of HRMS (ADP) systems
- Prior experience recruiting hourly and/or temporary candidates
- Experience working in a Manufacturing operation
- Good working knowledge of the Time and Attendance (Kronos) system
- Basic understanding of employment laws and regulatory issues
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.