Metro Services is seeking to immediately hire several Hi-Lo Drivers / Forklift Operators for a manufacturing facility in Taylor, MI. Temp/Contract to Direct position. Full time. Apply now!
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Loads and unloads trucks within scheduled window time
- Verifies condition of all incoming and outgoing goods
- Maintains organization of finished goods in warehousing area and work-in-progress (WIP) including outside processes
- Scale parts and obtain the proper weight then label the parts on the box
- Assists with inventory control systems
- Verification of shipping documents, part labels, and part accuracy
- Follows all safety regulations for Hilo and incoming trucks
- Supports Quality System activities by following instructions, policies, and procedures
- Accurately completes all required documents
- Notifies management of problems
- Follows written and verbal instructions and gives instructions or directions
- May be required to perform material handling duties when necessary
- Makes suggestions for continuous improvements
- Maintains housekeeping and 5S standards
4:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
$18.00 to $20.00/hour based on experience
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- A High School diploma or GED required
- 3-5 years experience in shipping and receiving environment preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, or memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Must be Hilo certified and maintain certification
- Ability to learn and effectively use the Company’s computer and scanning equipment to support the daily shipping and receiving system requirements. (ERP truck pick lists, FedEx/UPS delivery system)
- Must be dependable, have good attendance and performance record
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Regularly lift and move up to 60 pounds
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
201 E. Main St
Manchester, MI 48158
Call: (734) 371-0111