General Labor Worker - All Shifts
Metro Industrial Services is immediately hiring several General Laborers for a company in Spencer, TN. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct job with both 1st and 2nd shift openings. Apply now!
Ranging from $11.08 to $12.61/hour
All Shifts - Monday through Friday
1st Shift - 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
2nd Shift - 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
3rd Shift - 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Sorters will sort parts and check for quality.
Turning Operators will be responsible for the following duties:
- Operate equipment and perform minor to moderate machine set-ups as required
- Perform first piece inspection, monitor the quality of all parts, and make adjustments to maintain quality standards
- Perform the duties required to record data for SPC, ISO/QS documentation
- Move material by operating forklift or using non-motorized devices
- Perform minor machine maintenance such as oil changes and tightening of bolts
- Assist other Operators as needed
- Suggest process improvement ideas
- Maintain clean, orderly work area
- Follow all safety rules
- Follow all other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Ability to complete Job Skills Training Matrix for Drill Threader Operator
- Ability to use all gages and gaging techniques required
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to operate equipment and perform minor machine set-ups
- Ability to consistently meet Production and quality standards
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of all required Operator documentation
- Good Communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to identify routine problem causation and correct routine problems
- Use Math skills for blue print reading, gaging, and SPC
- Possess the ability to assist lesser skilled employees
- Demonstrate the understanding of the Manufacturing process and machine requirements to perform basic and repetitive work assignments
- Provide written communication as needed
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety guidelines and practices
- Required High School Diploma/GED OR relevant experience
- Fluent in English (both strong verbal and written communication skills)
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Minimum 1 year experience in direct or related field
- Previous problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills/experience
- Formal Mechanical or Technical training
- Forklift Operation/Material Handler experience
- Experience operating multiple types of Manufacturing equipment
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.