Forklift Operator in Automotive Facility - All Shifts
Are you looking for a Forklift job? If so, we have just the job for you! Metro Industrial Services is immediately hiring Forklift Operators for an Automotive company in Jonesville, MI.
All successful candidates must be able to perform the following duties:
- Ensure Production department can meet just-in-time requirements by supplying components
- Transport material from cells to the next appropriate location
Other Essential Functions of a High Frequency Delivery System Operator:
- Prioritize workload to ensure strict targets and tight deadlines are met
- Able to navigate predetermined route with up to four Mother carts for distribution to work cells
- Manage WIP storage to ensure product is maintained based on priority of production
- Transport finished good product to Warehouse to be added into inventory
- Ability to assist supermarket area with packaging of product as required
- Add/remove product as per scan to location procedure
- Maintain and organize work area for a smooth and efficient workplace
- Ensure safe operation of tugger and/or forklift at all times and complete the necessary documentation (checklists)
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the MCIF Supervisor
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Employee Handbook
90% Plant Floor (PPE required), 10% Outdoors (exposed to seasonal weather conditions)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Hear, reach, stand, talk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, walk, and lift/move up to 35 pounds
- Crouch/kneel, drive, and pull/push
- Climb, perform overhead work, and sit (occasionally)
- Lifting/moving of anything more than 35 pounds (rarely)
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies, and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 3 to 4 years of Forklift experience in a fast-paced Manufacturing environment preferred OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous tugger experience also preferred; if no licensing, will obtain internally
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Simple spoken and written knowledge of the English language
- Ability to follow well-defined procedures and meet tight deadlines
- Computer skills, including ability to use computer inventory system (CMS experience also an asset)
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to computer rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.