Fabrication/ Kitting Assembler - 1st and 2nd shifts
Metro Industrial Services is seeking to immediately fill a Fabrication/Kitting Assembler position for a facility in Sparta, TN. This is a Temp/Contract job. Apply now!
This position will be responsible for fabricating, assembling, and kitting material into finished product within the specified dimensions, per engineer drawings, quality control tolerances, and and the efficiency expectations as outlined on each work order. This position is a full-time hourly position and will report directly to the Fabrication Supervisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions).
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Under general supervision, employee will assemble and/or fabricate parts in accordance with established procedures and guidelines to ensure quality, safety, and productivity standards are met to satisfy customer requirements
- Read and interpret job order, diagrams, and/or blueprints to select and/or fabricate parts to position material and accessory components
- Assemble sub-assemblies and install accessory components and materials
- Inspect product to conform to quality and engineering standards as well as customer requirements
- Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when available
- Complete and maintain all associated electronic/manual processes of paperwork (including but not limited to checklists, stamping, blueprints, bar coding, and shipping material)
- Ensuring products are labeled properly and accurately and are placed in the proper staging area once complete
- Operate hand tools (including but not limited to electrical and pneumatic power tools)
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment/department
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations and wear all personnel protection equipment as required
- Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
- Contribute to a team effort by proactively assisting internal contacts
- Attend training programs to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills
- All other duties assigned
$12.00 per hour
Day shift: 6:00 am. to 2:30 p.m.
Night shift: 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year Assembly Work experience preferred but not necessary
- Experience working with metals; preferably aluminum but not necessary
- Experience working with hand tools (including but not limited to electrical and pneumatic power tools) preferred but not necessary
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to perform simple Math such as adding, subtracting, multiply and dividing
- Ability to read a tape measure (including calipers but not limited to other measuring instruments as needed)
About Metro Industrial
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.