Are you looking for work in the Dayton, TN area? Metro Services is immediately hiring for an Electrical Technician in a local Coiling Manufacturer. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct position.
The duties of the Electrical Technician consist in performing general wiring, testing, and troubleshooting of BAC products.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with 3-phase electrical wiring including motors, motor controls, transformers, PLC’s, 1-phase 120Vac and 24Vdc for control circuits, switches, sensors, and transmitters
- Ability to process department paperwork and reports
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code
- Ability to work all shifts in a 24 hour work environment
- Some travel may be required
This position may require additional weekday and weekend hours during busy periods in order to adequately support production requirements and company initiatives.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Stand, Walk, Lift, Carry, Push, Pull, Balance, Stoop, Crouch, Reach, Grasp, Pinch, Activate pedal/bar with foot
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged standing: 8-12 hours per day
- Frequently (>70% of workday) handles and lifts SST and galvanized sheet metal in various sizes up to 48” wide by 14 feet long and various weights up to 200 lbs
- Shear: usually from floor to waist level
- NC Punch: usually at waist level
- Break Press: waist level to above shoulders
Visual recognition of flaws in materials; color recognition/differentiation in controls, computer programs, signs; reading computer screens, printed and photocopied prints.
Acuity, Far, Near, Depth perception, Field of vision, Color vision
- Indoor conditions with temperature reflecting cold or hot of outside temperatures
- Hazardous noise levels
- Use of hydraulic oil, cutting oil, lubricants (oil & dry film), aerosol sprays of zincing compound
The noise level in the work environment is usually low in the office environment. However, Eye protection and hearing protection must be worn at all times when on the shop floor. Safety shoes will be required when working in a manufacturing capacity on the shop floor. Good plant safety practices will be required. There may be occasional exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals.
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must wear steel toe shoes
- Must pass a Drug screen
- Must have clean background (7 years)
- Must be able to work Overtime
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
2171 Market St
Dayton, TN 37321
Call: (423) 775-2303