Construction and Maintenance Workers - 100% Travel
Metro Services is immediately hiring Construction and Maintenance Workers for an Engineering Services Company. This position will require traveling across the East coast for both short-term and long-term opportunities.
We are currently hiring skilled and unskilled candidates in Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
Ideal candidates are individuals who are self-motivated and result-oriented for upcoming contracts in Industrial Construction and Maintenance. We’re looking for mechanically inclined individuals, results-driven with a willingness to accept instruction, work with a team, maintain a positive attitude, carry a high degree of safety awareness, knowledge of and ownership of personal hand-tools (metric/standard), and ability to travel for both short-term and long-term opportunities.
If you suit the above, you could be responsible for:
- Constructing and de-constructing conveyors, shelving, and other equipment
- Using personal hand tools as well as cordless power tools
- Assembling tools while handling materials and fasteners
- Verifying accuracy and quality in accordance with standards
- Installing Guard rail, rack, and air piping (aluminum, copper, black iron)
- Operating Forklift / Scissor lift safely
$15 to $19 based on experience and project
Per-Diem: Lodging covered with a daily food budget
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Use hands to pick up, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, both small, medium, and large
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and sometimes sit
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Manipulate small, medium, and large tools on a regular/continual basis
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Able to handle exposure to fume or airborne particles. The employee frequently
- Work near moving mechanical parts, extreme cold (including outdoors), extreme heat (including direct sunlight)
- Metric tools and knowledge a plus
- Any or all basic hand tools, and a toolbox or bag
- Tape measure
- 2LB small sledgehammer
- Level (7-10 inch)
- Band cutters (tin snips)
- 3/8” ratchet set with standard sockets ranging from 3/8” to 1” (deep well recommended)
- Metric and/or standard wrench set
- Metric and/or standard Allen wrenches set
- Line up pin or drift-pin (8-10 inches long)
- Square (small carpenter one)
- Hard hat
- Steel-toe boots
- Work gloves
- High visibility shirt/vest
- Safety goggles
WHY WORK WITH METRO SERVICES
Metro Services specializes in Automotive, Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Retail. We offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment with our client companies. We also have full-time positions directly available with our clients.
The fact that many of our temporary assignments lead to full-time positions is a testimony to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
We understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and puts emphasis on the opportunities they have. Metro Services matches candidates to qualified jobs that best align with their past work experience. We also contribute to our employees' success by offering career counseling services such as coaching and resume building.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Have questions? Call (855) 715-5627 TODAY!