Metro Services is looking to hire a CNC Lead position for a Manufacturing company near Sparta, TN. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
CNC Lead Summary:
This position will lead the department in all company goals and objectives as well as health and safety compliance, accident prevention, injury prevention, and equipment safety. This position will also support the performance of others to meet the goals and objectives of the business in the delivery, quality, and cost of its product. The person filling this position must be adaptable to ever-changing business environments and departmental need changes as well as inter-departmental, general business, and customer communication and confidentiality. This position is a non-exempt hourly position and will report directly to the 1st shift CNC Shift Lead.
The Primary Duties and Responsibilities for a CNC Lead position are:
- Supervise/Lead Team Member performance and production objectives
- Work with engineering in developing high-quality parts by providing input on the design for machining
- Provide leadership in establishing standard processes and tools
- Reads and interprets blueprints
- Setup and operate Ganesh CNC lathe, bed mill, turn-mill, VFM with sub-spindle, and live tooling when needed
- Verify print specifications, workpiece characteristics, and requirements to determine the process, materials, machine, and tooling requirements, as well as operations sequencing
- Perform initial machine setups and create detailed documentation
- Operate machine parts from raw material
- Set-up, adjust and perform operations with tolerance and finish requirements
- Conduct pre and post-inspection on all machined parts using validation instruments
- Support brainstorming of new, creative product/process concepts & ideas
- Work independently on assignments and be able to multi-task on several projects
- Support root cause analysis and quality issues
- Provide manufacturing reports and analysis
- Control Costs by proactively controlling expenses and eliminating waste
- Attend training programs to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills
- All other duties assigned
Monday - Friday
3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Pay starts at $15.00/hour
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years of applicable CNC Lead experience
- 5+ years of experience in programming, set up, and operation of CNC machines
- Considerable knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods, and standard practices of the trade
- Strong communication skills
- Computer literate with MS Office
- The ability to use SolidWorks is a plus
- Knowledge of ERP systems is a plus
WHY WORK WITH METRO SERVICES
Metro Services specializes in Automotive, Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Retail. We offer temporary work that is often a bridge to full-time employment with our client companies. We also have full-time positions directly available with our clients.
The fact that many of our temporary assignments lead to full-time positions is a testimony to our ability to accurately match people to the right job while meeting the needs of our client companies.
We understand that job seekers need a company that focuses on them individually and puts emphasis on the opportunities they have. Metro Services matches candidates to qualified jobs that best align with their past work experience. We also contribute to our employees' success by offering career counseling services such as coaching and resume building.
Metro Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
While Metro Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
163 Mose Drive
Sparta, TN 38583
Call: (931) 739-9675